Tuesday, September 20, 2011

O Carol by Neil Sedaka

Julene is my name and I'm from Sunny Sydney. I have been scrapping almost 10 years and have over 1500 layouts to show for my obsession.I've been on several design teams, including this one and Scrapmatts currently.

One of the latest trends I've noticed is using doileys. I usually go to Vinnies or other op shops to find mine.Sometimes I dye them but in this instance I used it as is.
This is my childhood Pedigree Walking Doll,Carol which I have had for 55 years. I recently sold her so wanted to do a layout to remember her. I was singing "Oh Carol" by Neil Sedaka.So the layout was conceived with all that in mind.
It has been great to see the entries for our monthly challenge and we hope you will continue to join in the fun.

5 comments:

Mazz's Scrap O'Clock said...

...just saw this appear on my feeds and thought I'd pop over AGAIN to see the 'challenging' songs for this month ...this is so lovely Julene, the doilies are fabulous. AND I used to like Neil Sedaka too (woops that was high school, showing my age now LOL) went for a 'visit' to Scrap Matts for the first time yesterday and there sure is inspiration over there too :)

Rebekkah said...

Hey Julene
Love the song and what a great way to remember your beautiful doll. So sad to see such an heirloom go, but at least you have this gorgeous lo to remind you of her.

Annette Edmonds said...

love all the gorgeous doilies on this page, and that doll reminds me of one i had as a child, it was a bride, she was so pretty, great page

Dolly B said...

gorgeous Julene and yep I have a doll similar to this that my Mum made into a bridedoll for me. I still have her

Cheers
Mary

Kim Ewins said...

What a fabulous layout, Julene...gorgeous doilies and a special layout.

Lime Tree Creations

Old Favourites Vintage Supplies

The Chip Chop Shop

Please add your links here for the August Challenge

Please add your link here for the July Challenge

Please add your links here for the June Challenge

Please add your links here for the May Challenge

Please add your links here for the April Challenge

Please add your links here for the March Song Challenge

Please add your links here for the February Challenge

Please add your links here for the January Challenges

Please add your December Challenges here

November Challenges

October Challenges